Security solutions for homes are more advanced and convenient to use than ever before. Over the last decade...
Monitored Home Security Systems for Illinois Residents Chicagoland Local and Family Owned
If you’re an Illinois resident, you probably know that your state has more home burglaries than many other states as it’s ranked 7th in the nation. Because Illinois has a high percentage of residential break-ins, it’s even more important that you protect your home and family. If you’re in the market for a home security systems in Illinois, here are the main types of monitoring systems from which you can choose.
Types of Monitoring Systems
Many security companies offer monitored systems. This is a system where the system can stay in communication with a monitoring system, 24/7. Whenever an alarm is tripped, there’s always a professional at the monitoring center to help you.
An alarm goes off, regardless if it’s an actual break-in or a false alarm. If a trespasser is recognized, you get a call from your agent so that you can identify the intruder. There are three ways that this type of system is able to contact its monitoring center when an alarm goes off.
- Landline—This type of connection entails a system using a landline phone connection. Although it can be a wireless system, it needs a landline phone to order to monitor.
- Cellular—A cellular connection involves a cellular up-link that communicates a monitoring center whenever an alarm is activated. Because it will continue to function when landline lines are cut, it’s thought to be more dependable than landline connections, besides faster.
- Broadband connection—This type is typically cheaper and less reliable than cellular monitoring, but it can notify its monitoring center, four or more times quicker than a landline connection.
Considerations and Warnings
- Home security systems are also used to monitor carbon monoxide and fires, as well as family safety and medical emergencies, such as someone who’s alone at home and falls.
- Sometimes, it’s not easy to remember if you set your security alarm, you have to go back home to check or call your neighbor. A home security application can enable you to arm or disarm your security system right from your computer or mobile device.
If you have any questions about which home security system will work the best for your family, don’t hesitate to contact us at Security Doctors. Our Chicago-based company installs security systems for homes, apartments, condos and other types of residences throughout Illinois. At your convenience, we can travel to your location to give you a free consultation.
Protecting your business from theft and burglary isn’t something to take lightly. There are many important things to...
Security is a major concern for homeowners across the nation. While it is true that crime statistics are...