In 2017 there were an estimated 1.4 million burglaries in the U.S., with over 67% of all burglary...
Preventing False Alarms Chicagoland Local and Family Owned
Criminals are getting smarter with each break-in, and that’s why they are two steps ahead of home occupants. One reason we fall behind is false alarms. False alarms create unnecessary stress and prevent us from catching the real burglars. Eliminate false alarms by learning more about the formation and solutions to stop it.
False alarms emerge from the following negligence:
- Outdated or un-maintained equipment
- Pets or rodents hovering around system components
- Wall decor, dust bunnies, or other objects near home security equipment
- Entering incorrect passwords
- Failure to train other trusted family members about the system
- Not remembering the correct password when home security companies call for verification
- Outdated contact information
- Acts of God
While an act of god false alarm is something we cannot control, we can stop the rest. False alarms misuse emergency responders and wasting 911 calls squander taxpayers’ money. The resources used to handle a false alarm belong to a home with a burglary issue. Some cities hand out fines for false alarms.
Thwart false alarms with the subsequent advice.
- Train trusted loved ones about Chicago home security systems. Disarm the system once you enter the home and reset it once you’re inside. Disarm it when you’re about to leave and reset it before you step outside. Give loved ones correct company and home information. In addition, mention the verification code and ways to contact the company if something goes wrong.
- For a system to function properly, test the system monthly. Also, let a professional check the system yearly. While you’re at it, check the batteries and replace it if necessary.
- Keep security systems maintained. Upgrade the system’s technology to the newest version.
- Keep every home security component free and away from pets, rodents, debris, dirt, bugs and spider webs.
- Move decorations, curtains, and plants away from vents and air drafts.
- When not in use, shut doors and windows completely and securely lock them.
Inform the home security company about a new address, phone number, or other updated contact information. Mention remodeling projects, vacation plans, and additional pets.
False alarms are pointless in catching the real criminals. Use these tips to resolve it permanently. For more information on home security, contact us.
By 2024, retail e-commerce sales will reach a whopping $476 billion in the U.S. alone. With this sweeping...
Security solutions for homes are more advanced and convenient to use than ever before. Over the last decade...