Security solutions for homes are more advanced and convenient to use than ever before. Over the last decade...
Prescribing Security to Chicago Chicagoland Local and Family Owned
In the world we live in today, simply locking your door no longer constitutes security, especially in the massive city of Chicago. What do you do, then? Sure, we have heard it all: try this system, put up cameras, and lock your windows, but where do your questions begin and end? In other words, how do you improve your home security beyond installing a camera? Here are some helpful tips on how to do this:
1. Be alert: If a sound, movement outside, or general gut feeling does not seem right, it most likely is not. Your home is yours to protect, so do not simply ignore something that is out of the ordinary.
2. Make a checklist: Whether your household is two people or more, the best thing to do is to put a checklist in a popular area of the home. Include tasks such as setting the alarm, checking each lock, and even making sure any outdoor item is put away and secure.
3. Be a neighbor: When you are apart of a community your responsibility does not end at your own home. If you notice something unsettling across the street or next door, report it. You would want the same courtesy.
4. Be secretive: In a world so heavily influenced by social media, people often forget that our activity is never private. Make sure that no one lets the public know of a time no one may be home, or even when a certain member of the household will be away. Some things are better off as secrets, after all.
5. Utilize technology: We live in a thriving, technologically advanced world. Even when you are away from your home, you can still see what goes on inside and around it right from your own cell phone. Check in from time to time.
Finally and though unfortunate, the crime rate increases everyday. While there are places where it is less dominate, it is everywhere. It is absolutely essential to take measures to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
If you have a question about your home security, contact the Security Doctors today.
Protecting your business from theft and burglary isn’t something to take lightly. There are many important things to...
Security is a major concern for homeowners across the nation. While it is true that crime statistics are...